Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It could happen to you...


Yes! I am back by much popular demand followers! Sorry I left you, I had good intentions I promise! I really appreciate the genuine love and support I received in my absence. As you all know, I try to be positive with the messages that I post. I was trying to figure out how I could come across as positive with what I am about to say...so here goes nothing, please don't take it personal...well unless the shoe fits!


So lately people have been walking around with their chests poked out, high and mighty without a care in the world. I was hanging out with some friends of mine the other day and something disturbed me. It's a guy that I have been knowing for a few years now and he's made some great accomplsihments with what he's been doing. He's always been a hard worker and for the most part he was kind. Now lately it seems as if he has forgotten a few things. When his friends are in his presence, his attitude changes. First of all, we must all realize that we are blessed and fortunate to have life. That's number one! God gives us another chance to get it right as each day passes! We must not make fun of those who are less fortunate than us. It can very well be us standing in those very shoes as early as today! Many young people don't understand how hard it is to survive after you have lost everything and everyone around you. We must understand that we are all promised to die and we will be held accountable for the wrong decissions we made here on Earth.


It seems that latelty people just complain about everything without recognizing the gifts that they are blessed with. I'm sure none of us want to wake up early every morning to come to just a job! But guess what? There's someone out there that doesn't have that much, maybe not even a place to lie their head at night. The guy I was referring to earlier was making fun of some of the customers who came into his store. People have feelings and we don't know how bad the next person has it. One thing that we should realize is, there is nothing funny about someone not being able to afford $250 pairs of gym shoes, or the latest "gear"! People are too accustomed to things that just don't matter. We want to be flashy all the time and show off, when in reality no one really cares what you have. It's all about who you are and what is in your heart! It's not about the clothes and the rims and all the foolishness that just doesn't matter. It's just a name, and it's just material. I don't want to go on forever but I will say this...get it together and change the way you look at someone you think is less fortunate. They can very well be a millionaire. You never know what someone does and does not have. Understand and accept that when you die material things will not go with you! It stays here on Earth while you're long gone! Think about that the next time you laugh at a person who appears to be destitute...that could very well be you!!!
Copyright © 2009, SO BROWN PUBLISHING

1 comment:

  1. Thats so so true. Alot of times people forget who they are and/or where they come from. And some are just like that no matter what. Hopefully it doesnt take someone losing it all to appreciate life for what it is.

    ReplyDelete